About (Education) in Mathematics and Computer Science at University of Limerick
The School of Education at UL is one of the largest suppliers of teachers in Ireland. As a graduate of LM097, you will be amongst the first teachers qualified to teach Computer Science in Ireland.
UL's School of Education is the largest post-primary teacher education provider in the state and is ranked in the top 100 universities in the world for Education programmes. University of Limerick is also ranked within the top 75 universities in Europe for excellence in teaching and learning.
This degree, with a specialism in teaching Mathematics and Computer Science, is designed to produce graduates with the mathematical knowledge and skills to satisfy the needs of Irish Second-level schools in teaching the Maths curriculum. Graduates will also be qualified to teach the new Leaving Certificate Computer Science curriculum, as well as short courses in coding and digital literacy for junior cycle.
The School of Education at UL is one of the largest suppliers of teachers in Ireland. As a graduate of this programme, you will be;
- Equipped with the skills necessary to teach a brand new Leaving Cert subject;
- Amongst the first teachers qualified to teach Computer Science in Ireland;
- Highly skilled in IT and Mathematics should you choose not to teach;
- Well placed to avail of many opportunities for further study in UL and elsewhere, stemming from the programme.
Graduates will be eligible for appointment to all second-level schools (vocational, secondary, community and comprehensive). Graduates will be able to teach Mathematics, Computer Science and Coding.
- Algebra & Discrete Mathematics
- Model-Driven Development
- Contemporary Understanding and Thinking on Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants deadline
- The closing date for late applications is 1st May
- The closing date for normal applications was 1st February
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Computer Sciences View 86 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are required to hold at the time of enrolment the established Leaving Certificate (or an approved equivalent) with a minimum of six subjects which must include: Two H5 (Higher level) grades and four O6 (Ordinary level) grades or four H7 (Higher level) grades. Subjects must include Mathematics, Irish or another language, and English. Applicants must hold a H4 grade in mathematics.
International16465 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16465 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA7354 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7354 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.