The programme content reflects political and external factors that influence provision of Health Promotion and Public Health in the UK and internationally. A critical awareness of the wider determinants of health will inform students’ own personal and professional development and specifically their own leadership skills.
In year two students will undertake a placement in settings and organisations leading, commissioning and/or delivering Health Promotion and Public Health initiatives.
In year three the research dissertation offers opportunity for students to build on the placement experience by examining the relevant evidence base and to produce a health improvement project.
Graduates of the BSc Health Promotion and Public Health at the University of Nottingham will have the skills and knowledge to work autonomously and collaboratively in a diverse range of initiatives and organisations to improve the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities and reduce health inequalities.
Graduates from the course can choose a wide range a careers in Health Promotion and Public Health. Examples include:
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Health Improvement Practitioner
- Community Engagement Officer
- Public Health Project Manager
- Public Health Analyst
- Health Lifestyles Coordinator
- Tobacco Control
- Health protection
- Research and evidence in health improvement
- Promoting health and well being
- Promoting health across the life span
- Principles of teaching and learning in health education
- Leadership in health improvement
- Contemporary issues in health promotion and public health
- Professional skills in health promotion and public health
- Sexual and reproductive public health
- Health promotion and public health in relation to mental health
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The final deadline is 30 June. However, as admission to our courses is competitive, students should aim to apply by 26 January if possible.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 485 other Bachelors in Public Health in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A levels: BBB
- General Studies, Critical Thinking and Global Perspectives are not accepted.
- English and Mathematics grade 4 (C) or equivalent
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- International fee to be confirmed
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.