Profile of the Programme
The Veterinary Medicine program at the Near East University aims to train students with more information on certain topics as directed by the World Veterinary Association (WVA), European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVE) and Federation of Veterinarians of Europe (FVE).
During the first two years, students are trained for basic veterinary sciences and preclinical sciences. For the second two years they are trained for food safety and control, animal husbandry, breeding and nutrition, communicable diseases, public health, and veterinary legislation. Starting from the fourth year spring term and continuing on the fifth year fall term clinical subjects with more emphasis on farm animal medicine, companion animal medicine, and poultry medicine are taught.Last or the tenth semester of the education is dedicated as internship and composed of only practicle training in clinical sciences, food hygiene and tehcnology, and animal husbandry, breeding and nutrition subjects.
- Organic Chemistry
- Medical Biology
- Medical Physics
- Animal Rights and Welfare
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Near East University and/or in Turkey, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Any of the following certificates or diplomas are accepted
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) Exam results
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) Exam results
- International Baccalaureate Exam results
- American College Testing (ACT) Exam results
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) Exam results
- Tawjihi Exam results ( for Jordanian and Palestinian students)
- Baccalaureate Exam results ( for Lebanese, Iraqi and Syrian students)
- Diploma Debirestan” Exam results (for Iranian students)
- Higher Secondary Certificate Exam results ( for Pakistani, Indian and Bangladesh students)
- WAEC/NECO Exam results (for Nigerian students)
- GAOKAO Exam results (for Chinese students)
- High School Diploma (for all other Overseas students)
International8600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8600 EUR per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Mersin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.