Students who achieve a superior level of performance in the Bachelor of Biomedical Science at this university or any other degree approved by the Faculty Board will be able to undertake the Honours program which is of one year's duration when undertaken full-time.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the Biomedical Science (Honours) degree program at University of Newcastle students will have:
- Demonstrated broad coherent knowledge and an academic background appropriate for professional work. In particular, students will have demonstrated advanced and in-depth knowledge and skills in Biomedical Science
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively to collect, analyse, interpret and organise scientific information effectively
- The ability to identify, define and analyse problems using scientific method to form and test hypotheses; to apply statistical principles and logic; and to use appropriate tools for problem solving
- Reported scientific findings in written, visual and/or verbal forms and be able to communicate a convincing and reasoned scientific argument at an appropriately highly skilled level
- Applied knowledge and skills to work on a scientific activity both autonomously and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment with an ability to adapt to change, including new technologies and methods
- Demonstrated awareness of professional practice in relevant disciplines, including an understanding, appreciation and respect for appropriate conduct and ethical practice.
- Biomedical Sciences Honours 411
- Biomedical Sciences Honours 412
- Biomedical Sciences Honours 413
- Biomedical Sciences Honours 414
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
International students: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Biochemistry View 91 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 039702D
- Academic transcript
- Completion certificate
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.
International41870 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41870 AUD per year during 12 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 12 months.
- National students are Commonwealth Supported.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.