About the Medical Biochemistry with Research Placement (Hons) at University of Huddersfield
Our Medical Biochemistry with Research Placement degree is designed to give you a great grounding in biological sciences while boosting your career prospects across the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare and, especially, medical research. Groundbreaking work in biochemistry has led to our knowledge of the structure of DNA, RNA and proteins and it holds the promise of further breakthroughs in treatment in the future.
- This course has advanced accreditation by the Royal Society of Biology.
- If you’d like to focus on building your research skills in this dynamic area of science, then choose this version of our Medical Biochemistry BSc(Hons) course which includes a research placement during your third year.
- From day one you’ll be building your own knowledge and skills to develop a firm foundation in the molecular and cellular aspects of biology and the principles of drug action. As your studies with us progress, you’ll begin to focus on disease processes in modules such as epidemiology and pharmacology, paving the way for investigating more advanced topics such as molecular medicine and metabolic disease in your final year.
- You'll focus on theory and also gain practical, hands-on experience. In the lab sessions you’ll be able to get to grips with modern, scientific equipment and in your third year, you can try out your skills for real during a supervised research placement.It’s all designed to help get you ready for a successful career beyond graduation.
- As a student on this course you’ll be able to apply for undergraduate membership of the Biochemical Society and The Physiological Society (UK). You’ll also be eligible for student affiliate membership of the Royal Society of Biology and upon successful graduation be eligible to apply for one year associate membership, this can help open up networks at a crucial time when applying for jobs.
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Analytical Science
- Research Skills
- Organic Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Biochemistry View 667 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Apply through UCAS
- BBB at A Level including a minimum grade B in Chemistry and one other relevant Science subject. The endorsement for practical work is an essential part of Science A Level study and is a requirement for entry to our degree course.
- Merit at T Level in Science including a grade B in A Level Chemistry and one other relevant Science subject.
- In addition you must have GCSE English Language and Maths at grade 4 or above, or grade C or above if awarded under the previous GCSE grading scheme.
If you do not have the appropriate qualifications for direct entry to this degree you may be able to apply to our Science Extended Degree.
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.