- The focus of this Cancer Biomedicine degree programme at University College London (UCL) is on cancer as a disease, its treatment, and the associated research and socio-economic impacts. It is a research-connected curriculum with teaching delivered by leading cancer scientists and clinicians.
- You will have the opportunity to undertake a unique research project working alongside world-class cancer researchers.
- The skills, training, and knowledge gained within this programme will be enhanced by the combination of basic science, clinical disease management and translational medicine. This collectively offers a unique skill set to graduates.
- There is a wide choice of optional modules for you to select from, which will vary year to year. Current examples include Nutrition and Cancer Risk, Paediatric and Young Adult Cancer, Pharmacology and Drug Action and Immunology.
Graduates will be capable of critical thinking and complex problem-solving and becoming highly skilled scientists. They will have developed excellent verbal and written communication skills. These competencies and this acquired knowledge will equip our graduates to excel in laboratory or clinical research careers, or flourish in other professions where a keen understanding of science and clinical medicine is crucial.
We expect our graduates to be capable of working at the highest levels and have the ability to make a significant contribution within all fields of biomedical sciences, research and associated professions.
- Cancer Medicine in Society
- Molecular Basis of Disease
- Techniques in Molecular Medicine—A Practical Approach
- Cancer Biology and Therapeutics
- Cancer Epidemiology, Diagnosis and treatment
- Pharmacology and Drug Action
- Drug Design and Delivery
- Human Microbiome in Health and Disease
- Stem Cell Therapies
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Human Medicine View 314 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grades: AAB
- Subjects: Biology and Chemistry required.
- GCSEs: English Language and Mathematics at grade B or 6.
- Points: 36
- Subjects: A total of 17 points in three higher level subjects including Biology and Chemistry, with no score below 5.
International29400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.