This Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Apprenticeship) course from London South Bank University focuses especially on low current and lower power electronic engineering whilst still maintaining the core balance with electrical engineering. A mixed analogue and digital signal approach is followed during the second year.
In the third year the course tackles Communication Systems and Wireless, Biomedical Electronics and Embedded Systems and The Internet of Things, at a depth appropriate for electronics specialists in the industry. It culminates in a systems-based approach in the final stages bringing together knowledge accrued both in the analogue and digital systems domains.
This course is only offered as an apprenticeship course to learners who are currently in employment in the Electronics Design industry.
The content of this course was developed to meet the L6 equivalent requirements for the core knowledge and skills required for the Embedded Electronic Systems Design and Development Engineer apprenticeship standard.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The BEng (Honours) Electrical and Electronic Engineering degree programme is based on sound established technical foundations and offers a spread of general topics followed by increasing specialisation as you find the topics that really enthuse you.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 393 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBB including Mathematics and/or Physical Sciences (120 UCAS points) or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM, including Level 3 Mathematics and Physical Sciences (128 UCAS points) or;
- EAL Technical Extended Diploma in Engineering Technologies, D, including: Further Engineering Mathematics; Electrical and Electronic Engineering Principles; and other options relevant to Electrical and Electronic Engineering or;
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above) or;
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C, and a Mathematics qualification equivalent to reformed GCSE grade 4 or above, as assessed by UK NARIC.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15900 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.