The Medicine - Gateway to Medicine programme at the University of Dundee is a one-year course designed to support you towards the five-year Dundee MBChB course if you meet relevant criteria.
Maybe you haven't studied chemistry to a high enough level or perhaps your grades have suffered due to hardship in your personal, home, or school life.
Our experienced staff will support you from day one and work closely with you to help you achieve your potential. You'll also benefit from our small and friendly learning community that will make you feel at home and support your learning.
As far as possible, what you study will be tailored to your personal academic needs and aspirations. If you are short of chemistry, maths, or physics, or you are still not confident in these subjects, you will study those in Semester 1.
Once you have chosen the right science subjects to help you progress, you'll select other subjects to complete your timetable.
Psychology can help you understand how patients behave and the signs and symptoms of neurological disorders. You can also choose anatomy modules, or one that gives you the option to study parts of the human skeleton in detail.
We also offer modules that cover key healthcare themes: healthcare provision in the UK, getting familiar with a working hospital by shadowing senior medical students, and making a difference by volunteering in the local community in a caring role. Our students find these valuable and enjoyable, plus they will help you learn how to talk to patients, which is something everyone finds a bit intimidating to begin with.
- Numeracy, Chemistry and Physics for the Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Science and Society
- Student Selected Component
- Orientation to Clinical Skills
- Evolution of Cells
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine Health Sciences View 12 other Bachelors in Complementary & Alternative Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Widening Access applicants
- BBC at A-Level (A2), to include chemistry and another science subject.
- The third subject can be your own choice; we have no preference.
- Achievement at the GCSE and AS Level will also be taken into account.
- Minimum of 37 points, to include 6, 6 and 6 at Higher level. Subjects at Higher level should include no more than one science and exclude chemistry. Plus 3 subjects at Standard Level with an average of grade 6.
Higher / Advanced Higher, SQA
- All Highers are to be obtained at the first attempt and at one sitting. National 5 / Intermediate 2 grades will also be taken into account.
- Widening Access applicants
- ABBB / BBBBB grades at Higher, to include chemistry and another science subject.
- AAAAB grades at Higher, to include no more than one science subject, excluding chemistry.
- Offers will be conditional on the attainment of three Advanced Highers/crash Highers taken in the 6th year.
International19530 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.