Architectural Technologists are enlisted on architectural projects to translate a designer’s intentions into feasible development proposals.
They are specialists in analysing the requirements and challenges of a construction project and applying the best fit technology, materials and processes. A fully qualified Chartered Architectural Technologist is qualified to manage construction projects from design through to build.
In this Architectural Technology (Design and Construction Management Degree Apprenticeship) (Hons) program from London South Bank University students gain a sound understanding of advanced computer technology in 3D Computer Aided Design and visualisation in the production of design details, and knowledge of administering contracts and projects in fulfilling client and current regulation needs.
The BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology aims to:
- Produce graduates who are committed to a career in architectural technology.
- Produce graduates equipped to take up responsible professional employment in the architectural design industry and become lifelong learners with an appreciation of the value to society of an education in architectural technology.
- Produce graduates who have a breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding of the key aspects of the scientific, technological and organisational principles of technical design problems in architecture.
- Allow graduates to acquire and develop analytical and problem-solving skills, and subject-specific skills. To acquire and develop the ability to evaluate evidence, arguments, and assumptions, to reach sound judgements, and communicate effectively.
- To develop graduates who approach design problems creatively and who have the technical skills to see their ideas through to realisation.
- Provide an opportunity to those in full-time employment to study towards a degree in Architectural Technology on a part-time basis.
- To create a unique educational environment that seeks to benefit from the practical experience of mature and part-time students.
- Provide an education centred within the Built Environment that recognises the important roles of other professions in the development of the Built Environment and cultivates interaction and teamwork with these other professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory of architectural design and conservation
- Property inspection, repair and maintenance
- Construction contract law
- Measurement, cost planning and tender process
- CAD and Building Information Modelling
- Architectural design procedures
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Construction Management View 276 other Bachelors in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to be considered for entry to the course applicants will be required to have the following qualifications.
- HNC in related subject with merit grade or;
- Level 4 Apprenticeship in relevant subject or equivalent level 4 qualification
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.