Courses prepare students to develop a portfolio, market their own artwork, and how to manage a personal business to succeed in a dynamic field. The Illustration program’s graduates have excellent job placement working within the discipline.
Illustration majors work in diverse genres and publishing markets, including children's books, young adult fiction, genre fiction, graphic novels, editorial, advertising design, concept design, motion illustration, gallery art, 3D illustration, product design, patterns & textiles, interactive illustration, and corporate and institutional publications. Illustrators often work in-house for production companies, in design studios, or as a freelancer.
Illustration Development and Concept
Students at Brigham Young University will be able to create marketable illustrations incorporating concept, rough sketches, color comps, and finished art as well as effectively communicate story concept.
Skill and Concept Mastery
Students will be able to create successful life drawings by implementing tools and procedures including proportion, gesture, balance, foreshortened perspective, composition, drapery, and structure through light and shadow.
- Painting Fundamentals
- Intermediate Digital Illustration
- Advanced Life Drawing
- Design Theory and Visual Culture
- History of American Illustration 1 (1860-1930)
- Professional Practices for Illustrators
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 1304 other Bachelors in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Current high school students
- Those who have only completed college credit while in high school (concurrent work/dual enrollment)
- High school graduates with no college credit, regardless of the amount of time since high school graduation
- Homeschool students with no college credit taken after the date they have completed their home school requirements
- Applicants who are high school age but will not be completing high school
- Non-high school graduates who have not completed any graded college work
International6120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6120 USD per year during 48 months.
National6120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6120 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Provo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.