On this Public Health (Hons) course from Queen Margaret University you will:
- You will apply the theory of public health through work-based learning opportunities based within a range of public health organisations; enabling you to gain an in depth understanding of contemporary public health practice.
- Gain an indepth understanding of the broader influences on health and health related behaviours.
- Gain public health skills through a range of placement opportunities.
This course will support you in developing skills and knowledge to develop competent practice through themes such as, the political and social influences on health, inequalities of health and the role of public health in reducing inequities and improving health outcomes.
To support your employability the course has been mapped against professional competency frameworks, namely the UK Public Health Skills and Knowledge Framework, the UK Public Health Register’s (UKPHR) amended practitioner registration standards, and the IUHPE Health Promotion Competency Framework. This mapping provides quality assurance that the course is informed by current public health knowledge and practice and prepares you for professional registration.
The course could prepare you for a range of roles including, but not limited to health promoter, community health worker, public health analyst, trainer, public health practitioner or population health advisor.
- The Principles and Practice of Public Health
- Settings and Place based Health Improvement
- Diversity, Identity and Wellbeing
- Data Analysis for Public Health
- Health Communication
- Public Health Policy
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Sustainable Development Public Policy View 93 other Bachelors in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Scottish Higher: Standard - BBCC, Minimum - BCCC
- A Level: CCD
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H3 H3 H3 H3
- International Baccalaureate: 26 points
- International: IELTS of 6.0 with no element lower than 5.5
- Required subjects: A science subject and a social science subject are preferred at Higher/A Level or equivalent. English required and Maths preferred at Nat 5/GCSE
International7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.