Why study this course?
- Explore the physical environment of Dubai and the surrounding region – the pace of recent development, in and around Dubai, provides a unique opportunity to look at the practical challenges of balancing economic growth with environmental sustainability.
- Possibility to link study in Dubai with overseas fieldwork and a residential in the UK – Physical Geography is a strongly applied subject and you will learn about different environments and the varying relationships between people and the environment. There will also be opportunities to immerse yourself in different cultures and you will have access to world-class facilities.
- Flexible programme with opportunities to follow your own interests – after a common first year, you will be able to choose optional modules in years 2 and 3, to enhance your understanding of the environmental processes in a rapidly changing world. You will also be exposed to a broad range of international scholars to enrich your learning experience.
- Develop inter-disciplinary understanding – Physical Geography embraces sub-disciplines covering the atmosphere, biosphere, geosphere and hydrosphere. It is increasingly important to understand processes that span the traditional academic disciplines and how they affected by anthropogenic activities. The programme also offers opportunities for you to take modules in the social sciences and planning to give you an understanding of environmental policy.
As a graduate of the Physical Geography (Hons) programme from University of Birmingham Dubai, you will have an understanding of the physical processes and critical issues that impact upon the environment. You will have a perspective that encompasses the global, regional and local and be highly regarded by employers.
Our graduates can be found in roles as diverse as:
- Coastal engineer
- Environmental consultant
- Aid worker
- Forestry manager
- Earth History & Life
- Global Environmental Challenges;
- Environmental Hazards
- Water and Landforms
- Study methods and techniques
- Cities in transition
- Water and Climate
- Environmental Solutions
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our typical entry requirement is ABB (A-Levels).
- 75% CBSE
- Depending on your chosen course of study, you may also be interested in one of our foundation pathways, which offer specially structured programmes for international students whose qualifications are not accepted for direct entry to UK universities.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.