Why study this course with us?
- The Applied Psychology (Shrewsbury) BSc (Hons) course distinguishes us from typical higher education institutions in the areas of teaching, learning and assessment. Our excellent staff-to-student ratio and small cohorts allow us to engage in progressive and unique teaching methods, offering a more interactive and student-centred learning environment. We put an emphasis on engaging students in discussion and debate, tackling current issues and trends in society.
- To complement the teaching environment, our diverse and innovative range of assessments allows you to build a portfolio of personal and professional skills that are attractive to any employer. Examples include: field trips, delivering workshops, writing for different audiences, mock job interviews, and conference and poster presentations.
- Our unique position in the heart of the community allows us to offer you the opportunity to complete a community-based project in your second year. This project also provides you with the skills required to complete your independent dissertation. By working with local organisations (in each year), you will get first-hand experience of psychology in practice.
- The emphasis of the Applies Psychology course at the University of Chester is to understand the practical ways in which psychology can be applied. We have deliberately developed a course that is distinctive and congruent with the cultural context of the modern world.
You will gain direct experience at every level of the degree that will build upon your personal and professional skills that are most relevant and in demand by employers. Furthermore, BPS-accredited courses allow students who satisfy the requirements to proceed to training in a range of professional psychology occupations.
- Psychological Investigation
- Biological and Cognitive Psychology
- Self and Society
- Child Psychology and the Psychology of Learning
- Applications of Psychology
- Research Methods in Applied Psychology
- Exploring Brain and Behaviour
- Exploring Psychology in Society
- Exploring Individual Differences
- Community Project
- Learning in the Wider World
- Enhancing your Employability through Work Based Learning
- 87 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 77 other Bachelors in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Chester and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- GCE A-level - 120 UCAS points from GCE A Levels or equivalent. Typical offer - BBC/BBB
- BTEC - BTEC Extended Diploma: DDM, BTEC Diploma: D*D*
- Irish/Scottish Highers - BBBB
- International Baccalaureate - 28 points
- Access to HE Diploma, to include 45 credits at level 3
- OCR - OCR National Extended Diploma: Merit 1, OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma - DDM, OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma - D*D*
- GCSE Mathematics at grade C or above is essential.
- The University accepts a maximum of 8 points from GCE AS Levels and that Welsh Baccalaureate (core) and A level General Studies will be recognised in the offer. A combination of A levels and BTECs/OCRs will be considered.
- IELTS - 6 with no score less than 5.5 in any band.
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 GBP per year during 87 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 87 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.