Why study this course with us?
One key strength of the Animal Behaviour BSc (Hons) course offered by the University of Chester is that it is firmly rooted in the biological sciences and adopts a rigorous scientific approach to the study of the behaviour, welfare and conservation of animals.
The University has an award winning Careers and Employability service which provides a variety of employability-enhancing experiences; through the curriculum; through employer contact and through tailored group sessions and individual information, advice and guidance.
Careers and Employability - Student Futures aims to deliver a service which is inclusive, impartial, welcoming, informed and tailored to your personal goals and aspirations, to enable you to develop as an individual and contribute to the business and community in which you will live and work.
We are here to help you plan your future, make the most of your time at University and to enhance your employability. We provide access to part-time jobs, extra-curricular employability-enhancing workshops and offer practical one-to-one help with career planning, including help with CVs, applications and mock interviews. We also deliver group sessions on career planning within each taught programme and we have a wide range of extensive information covering graduate jobs and postgraduate study.
Programme StructureModules include:
- Genetics and Evolution
- Data Handling and Project Design
- Animal Behaviour
- Animal Management and Bioveterinary Science
- Applied Animal Behaviour
- Comparative Anatomy and Physiology of Animals.
- Research Methods
- Experiential Learning
- Behavioural Ecology
- Adaptations to the Environment
- Field Ecology
- Domestic Animal Husbandry & Welfare
- Exotic Animal Husbandry & Welfare.
- Marine Animal Behaviour.
- Ex-Situ Conservation.
- Learning in the Wider World.
- The Study Abroad Experience.
- Enhancing your Employability through Work Based Learning.
- Animal Behaviour and Conservation.
- Physiology and Behaviour.
- Animal Cognition.
- Wildlife Forensics - Detection and Investigation.
- 86 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Animal Sciences View 11 other Bachelors in Animal Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Chester and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- UCAS points - 112 UCAS points
- GCE A-level - 112 UCAS points from GCE A-level. Typical offer - BCC/BBC. Choose one of the required subjects: Biology, Human Biology, Chemistry, Applied Science A level (but must also be offered with AS Biology).
- International Baccalaureate - 26 points including 5 in HL Biology.
- OCR Diploma - Accepted in addition to one of the GCE A level subjects listed above.
- IELTS Academic - 6 (with no score less than 5.5).
- International students - The requirements are roughly the same, but to be sure, check the website and check what is asked depending on the country you are from.
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 GBP per year during 86 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 86 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.