The curriculum for the Ecology and Evolutionary Biology program at California State University Northridge has been reviewed by the American Chemical Society (ACS) and meets its requirements for approved programs.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in the following areas of chemistry: analytical, biochemistry inorganic, organic, and physical.
- Organize and communicate scientific information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Effectively utilize the scientific literature, including the use of modern electronic search and retrieval methods, to research a chemistry topic or to conduct chemical research.
- Work effectively and safely in a laboratory environment, including the ability to follow experimental chemical procedures and maintain a proper lab notebook.
- Effectively utilize modern chemical instrumentation to obtain data and perform research.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis, including the application of computer technology for such analyses.
- Describe the impact of chemistry on our world, including the environment, the economy, and medicine.
- Demonstrate an ability to determine the scientific validity of a claim that pertains to consumer products, the environment, or the life sciences.
- Biological Principles
- General Chemistry
- Calculus for the Life Sciences
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Cell Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- FALL admission: December 15
- SPRING admission: August 1
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology View 3169 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You have earned a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale, or an average of "B" grades on an "A - F" letter grading scale. (CSUN will convert your international GPA when you apply for admission.)
- You have met our English language requirement
- Complete online application at Cal State Apply
- A $70.00 (US currency) non-refundable application fee
- Affidavit of Financial Support and bank statement
- All OFFICIAL secondary-school records, including certificates, examination grades, degrees or diplomas in original language of issue. Your records must include official verification of high school completion. Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are also required to have the U.S. institution(s) send official transcript(s) directly to CSUN.
- Official English translations of all academic records, including certificates, degrees or diplomas
- A copy of your passport photo page
International12608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12608 USD per year during 48 months.
National12608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12608 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7064 USD per year during 48 months.
Yearly tuition fee for seven or more units per semester.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.