Our Nutrition and Exercise Science (Hons) course from University of Chester will offer you an advanced understanding of exercise, nutrition, health and disease. You’ll have the opportunity to engage in ongoing research and to go on placement with our local partners. If you prefer, you can set up a placement of your choice, with the help of our designated Work Based Learning Unit.
Why study this course with us?
Your time at university should be about more than labs and lectures. All of our staff are research active, and encourage student participation in this, which offers you the opportunity to develop your research skills and CV. It also means what you learn in the classroom is at the cutting edge of the field.
We will also signpost you toward optional Level 2 and Level 3 gym instructor qualifications during your studies, which equip you to work in the field during your degree.
Many of our staff also have external links with partner associations such as the British Association of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation, and local active ageing and cardiovascular rehabilitation groups, as well as ties with sporting clubs. All of this affords you the opportunity to go on placement, develop skills and build your CV, all the while developing contacts within the industry.
Our subject specific laboratories include biochemistry, human performance and food skills labs. We also carry out anthropometric simulation and nutritional analysis laboratories to hone your practical skills.
- Cell Biology and Biochemistry
- Data Handling and Project Design
- Food, Nutrients and the Consumer
- Genetics and Evolution
- Human Anatomy and Physiolog
- 36 months
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 542 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 112 UCAS points from GCE A Levels or equivalent. Typical offer - BCC/BBC.
- BTEC Extended Diploma (Applied Science): DMM.
- BTEC Diploma (Applied Science): D*D*
- Irish Highers - H3, H3, H3, H3 including Biology OR Chemistry.
- Scottish Highers - BBBB including Biology OR Chemistry.
- Access to HE Diploma (Science), to include 45 credits at Level 3, 30 of which must be at Merit or above (including Biology or Chemistry).
- OCR National Extended Diploma: Merit 2
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma - DMM.
- OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma - D*D*
- Please note, the OCR entry requirements will be considered in conjunction with A Level Biology or Chemistry.
International12950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.