Completion of an undergraduate program in The School of Education entitles a student to be eligible to receive initial New York State Certification. Students who earn this degree are qualified to teach in grades 7-12.
The Adolescent Education (Grades 7-12) program from St. John's University will prepare graduates to: Demonstrate knowledge of content and pedagogy of academic instruction in adolescent education.
- Demonstrate knowledge of theories pertaining to adolescents and learning.
- Identify theories and models for teaching students with exceptionalities,diverse learners and students at risk and their application in academic instruction.
- Use the principles of scientifically based research to obtain valid knowledge about instruction and assessment in the middle and high school grades.
- Use the findings of scientifically based research and best practices in the field and demonstrate the effect of these changes on content and pedagogy
Demonstrate knowledge of students.
- Describe characteristics of the age group that may include but need not be limited to ethnicity, race, religion and gender and how they affect pedagogy
- Demonstrate knowledge of the expected skills and knowledge base of students in your discipline
Demonstrate the ability to effectively utilize a wide range of instructional practices, approaches, methods and materials to support middle school and high school instruction in the classroom, including those from each specific discipline’s guiding professional body.
- Learning and Development Adolescence (7-12)
- Special Education Foundations & Accommodating Students Needs
- Human Relations in Inclusive & Multiculturalism
- Language Acquisition and Literacy/Adolescent (7-12)
- Organizational Strategies & Classroom Environment (7-12)
- Technology and Society: School, Community, Workplace (1-12)
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Adult Education View 155 other Bachelors in Educational Research in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official academic records and or official certificates/results from the Ministry of Education or secondary school in original language with official English translation
- Official examination results (if taken) from the examining board (i.e., International Baccalaureate, General Certificate of Education, Caribbean Examinations Council, West African Examinations Council)
- Students who are home-schooled outside of the U.S. need to submit a NACES member evaluation.
- Official college transcripts with English translation
- Official academic records and or official certificates/results from the Ministry of Education or secondary school in original language with official English translation.
International44450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44450 USD per year during 48 months.
National44450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44450 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.