This programme in Mathematical Engineering - Data Science at Fontys University of Applied Sciences prepares you to become a Data Scientist/ Mathematical Engineer with a focus on applications in Logistics and Engineering. You will develop as a professional, advisor and team player.
In the first two years, our lecturers will equip you with a broad, but solid mathematical basis. You will work on projects with your fellow students and you will gain practical experience during an internship. We guide you in mathematical modelling, analysis and solving more complex problems.
Artificial Intelligence is a common theme within the whole programme. This is the intelligence with which machines, software and devices solve problems independently. They imitate the thinking skills of humans (machine learning). However, the devices are not aware of the tasks they are performing. They follow algorithms and recognise patterns. You can learn how to use Artificial Intelligence at Mathematical Engineering.
Why study Mathematical Engineering/ Data Science at Fontys?
- Unique applications of data science in logistics and engineering;
- Projects, assignments and internships for companies;
- A brand new and modern building on the TU/e campus in Eindhoven;
- Attention to your mathematical and personal development.
What can you expect?
- A solid mix of theory (knowledge) and practice;
- Work on (company) assignments and projects;
- You will learn professional skills, such as working together in group projects, networking and understandably communicating mathematical material;
- Software skills: programming in MATLAB, Python, R, AIMMS, Excel, etc.
- You will get courses such as calculus, linear algebra, probability and statistics, mathematical optimisation and a wide range of specialised courses that belong to the various graduation tracks.
After graduating, you will work as a data scientist, an engineering, or a logistics specialist. You will study mathematical models of technical systems, the collection and processing of data in business processes or you will tackle logistical problems. After the programme, you will be ready for the labour market.
For example, you can work at a:
- Transport company
- Distribution centre
- Manufacturing company
- Healthcare institution
- Engineering company
Of course, you can also continue your studies and pursue a master’s degree at Fontys or a university. For example, a 1-year teacher training programme in Mathematics or a master's programme at a university such as Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Industrial and Applied Mathematics or Econometrics.
- Operations Research in Logistics
- Data Analysis
- Engineering Mathematics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Supply Chain Management & Logistics Data Science & Big Data View 10 other Bachelors in Supply Chain Management & Logistics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Fontys University of Applied Sciences and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- For students of other nationalities, who followed the British curriculum, the minimum requirements are:
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma with Mathematics and Physics or
- Access to HE Diploma or
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) in 4 subjects (with grade A to C or 9 to 4) + a General Certificate of Education (GCE) with 1 relevant subject (Mathematics) at AS level (with grade A-C). A total of 6 different subjects, preferably including English and Mathematics
- IB diploma: We accept HL and SL results and these students can be exempted from the English language requirement. Mathematics is a mandatory subject (regardless of the level, HL or SL). The minimum score is 24 points (IB diploma awarded).
- For students with other secondary education/ high school diplomas:
- As soon as your application is visible in Studielink we will contact you by e-mail and ask you to send us your documents for the diploma assessment.
International11190 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11190 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA1157 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1157 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Eindhoven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Bachelor's scholarship opportunities for Mathematical Engineering - Data Science.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.