At Education and Mathematics (Hons) from Edge Hill University you will explore why our school and university systems exist as they are, including how a succession of governments have helped shape and mould the way in which we teach children and train adults. You will come to understand the UK education system not only in its own right, but also in its European and global contexts. In Mathematics, you will gain expertise in pure and applied mathematics, with modules focused on differential and integral calculus, linear algebra, inferential statistics, statistical modelling and number theory. Your curiosity will be stimulated with problem-solving activities, group work and a range of mathematics software.
As a graduate from this BSc (Hons) Education and Mathematics degree you will be well placed to progress into a wide range of careers.
Typical career paths include working as a learning mentor, education administrator, museum/gallery/heritage site educator, educational psychologist, education counsellor, social/community worker, prison educator, international development worker, training organiser, charity worker, speech therapist, teaching assistant, or in publishing. Please note that further training will be required for some of these roles.
- Algebraic Structure
- Conceptions of Education: The UK Education System in Context
- Differential Calculus
- Discrete Mathematics and Combinatorics
- Education Studies
- Learning in a Diverse Society
- Technology and its Place in Education
- Applications of Calculus
- Designing and Managing a Research Project
- Inferential Statistics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Teaching View 1020 other Bachelors in Mathematics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS Code:XG11
- Typical offer 104-112 UCAS Tariff points including A Level Mathematics at Grade C or above or equivalent.
- A Level: BCC-BBC;
- BTEC Extended Diploma (or combination of BTEC QCF qualifications): Distinction, Merit, Merit (DMM);
- International Baccalaureate (IB): We are happy to accept IB qualifications which achieve the required number of UCAS Tariff points. Subject-specific requirements at Higher Level (HL) Grade 5 may apply;
- Access to Higher Education Diploma: 45 credits at Level 3, for example 9 credits at Distinction and 36 credits at Merit or 15 credits at Distinction and 30 credits at Merit. The required total can be attained from various credit combinations.
- English Language Requirements
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.