The exciting Primary Education with Qualified Teacher Status (Welsh medium course) programme at Bangor University trains you as a primary teacher especially equipped to teach in Wales and is equally valid for those wanting to teach in the rest of the UK and beyond. It is a great time to come and study to be a teacher in Wales. Education in Wales is entering an exhilarating new era developing a world class curriculum for schools. Bangor University, with its longstanding and excellent reputation for teacher training and education, is partnered with quality schools in north Wales who have had an active role in designing the course you’ll study. This course is delivered as part of the CaBan partnership between schools, Bangor University, the Regional Consortium GwE and the research institute CIEREI. Together we share the common goal of educating the next generation of world-class educators, from initial teacher education, through continuous career long professional learning.
Our partner schools have well-trained mentors who will support your progress towards becoming an excellent and innovative teacher. Experienced tutors and researchers in university and school based staff will provide excellent support and stimulating learning sessions both in the university and in your placement schools. Students on this Welsh medium course will be placed in Welsh medium schools and throughout the course we will support and encourage you to further develop your Welsh language skills in an educational setting.
BA (Hons) Primary Education with QTS (3-11) is recognised across Wales and England and is often transferable* further afield for entry into the teaching profession. It fully prepares you for the demands of teaching in Wales and beyond.
This programme prepares you for a wide range of roles within education and develops leadership skills which will be essential for you as your career develops. There is a growing body of evidence that school leadership has an impact on student outcomes second only to the influence of teachers in the classroom. Within the CaBan partnership we have international expertise and experience of the latest leadership theory and research. This expertise impacts on both the content of this programme and the significant developments across the region and national level with respect to developing strong and effective leadership teams in our schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You’ll learn about how young children develop and the key learning theories. You’ll also gain knowledge on how to teach a wide range of learners, including those with Additional Learning Needs and bilingual learners. You’ll learn key professional skills, such as behaviour management. Learning about the school curriculum will increase your own subject knowledges in areas such as Mathematics, Literacy, Science, Technology, the Humanities and the Arts.
- You’ll explore the importance of health and well-being for all pupils and will gain the skills you’ll need to plan, create resources, teach and assess effectively across the whole range of subjects.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 234 other Bachelors in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Bangor University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Offers are tariff based, 96- 128 tariff points from GCE A Levels or equivalent.*
- Grade B/Grade 5 in the GCSE examination in any of the following: English Language, English Literature, Welsh First Language, Welsh Literature. Where an equivalent to a grade B in either English Literature or Welsh Literature is achieved, a minimum of a grade C/grade 4 must be achieved in the corresponding GCSE examination in English or Welsh First Language.
- Grade B/Grade 5 in the GCSE Examination in Mathematics or Mathematics-Numeracy must also be achieved.
- GCSE Grade C/Grade 4 in Science.
- A Levels: General Studies and Key Skills not normally accepted
- BTEC National/Extended Diploma: MMM - DDM
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Welsh Baccalaureate is accepted
- T-levels: considered on a case-by-case basis.
- A willingness and positive attitude towards seeking to improve personal use of the Welsh language.
- We also welcome applications from mature applicants.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Bachelor's scholarship opportunities for Primary Education with Qualified Teacher Status (Welsh medium course).
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.