Our BSc Human Resource Management (Distance Learning) at the University of Leicester combines all the benefits of a University of Leicester degree with the flexibility to suit the needs of working professionals. You have the option of applying for the Diploma or full BSc depending on the level of qualification you aim to achieve.
The BSc builds on the ideas encountered in the Diploma and encourages students to make links between theory and practice. Subjects covered include HRM, organisational behaviour and human resource development.
Studying the BSc gives you the opportunity to not only build on the theories and topics covered within the Diploma, but also to focus in-depth on some of the key issues within human resource management today. By selecting which modules you wish to study, you can tailor the course to your interests and career objectives.
By the end of the BSc, you will:
- Understand the key principles of high-performance working and critically review the links between performance and HRM practices
- Evaluate the tensions between the interests of employers and employees in the management of performance
- Be able to identify recent trends and issues concerning flexible learning in the workplace
- Workplace Learning and Human Resource Management
- Organisational Behaviour and Employee Development
- Management in Organisations
- Personnel and Human Resource Management
- Culture and the International Context
- Industrial Relations in a Changing Economy
- Labour Market Themes, Issues and Controversies
- High-Performance Work Practices
- Equality and Diversity
- 40 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies Human Resource Management View 15 other Bachelors in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The majority of students begin their studies at the Diploma level of the course by meeting the following entry requirements:
- A relevant Level 4 academic qualification (e.g. Certificate of Higher Education; Higher National Certificate (HNC))
- Or significant work experience in human resources, training, management or similar
Alternatively, if you meet the entry criteria outlined below if may be possible to begin your studies at BSc level:
- Completion of the University of Leicester Diploma in Human Resource Management or Lifelong Learning and Industrial Relations (achieving an average of at least 45% overall)
- Or an equivalent University of Leicester qualification (e.g. foundation degree)
- Or we will consider equivalent qualifications (in level and content) to the Diploma. Please note that we can only consider qualifications taken within the past five years from reputable academic institutions
International9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 40 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 40 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.