As a Physics with Space Science student at the University of Leicester you will acquire an appreciation of the scope and impact of modern physics and the use of mathematics, computing and experimentation to solve important real world problems, and develop specialised knowledge of space science.
All our Physics students study the same core of fundamental physics and maths, based on Institute of Physics (IOP) 'core of physics' material. This includes classical mechanics, waves and fields, electromagnetism, special relativity, thermodynamics, quantum and atomic physics.
- All our degrees are accredited by the UK Institute of Physics (IOP).
- We operate an open door policy, which means teaching staff make themselves available throughout the day for you to get the support you need.
- The academic staff in the School have written or edited dozens of books and publish regularly in major national and international journals. Where other people only get to read what our experts think, you will be working directly with them, learning from them in lectures and questioning them in seminars.
- In your final year you will gain experience of scientific research by working with our staff on real physics research problems. Recent examples of projects include: black holes and the Higgs mechanism, analysis of Martian rocks, the evolution of planet-forming discs, and novel medical ultrasound techniques.
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Mathematical Physics
- Light and Matter
- Waves and Quanta
- Experimental Physics
- Relativity, Quantum Physics and Particles
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Thermal and Statistical Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 591 other Bachelors in Physics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A/AS-levels: ABB including Physics and Maths. Two AS-levels considered in place of one A-level. General Studies accepted.
- Access to HE Diploma: Pass diploma with a minimum of 45 credits at level 3, 30 of which must be at Distinction in Maths and Physics Level 3 modules. Plus grade B in Maths A-level.
- International Baccalaureate: Pass Diploma with 30 points, including:
- 5 in HL Physics and 5 in HL Maths
- OR 6 in HL Physics and 6 in SL Maths 'Analysis and Approaches' (SL Maths 'Applications and Interpretation' not accepted)
- OR 6 in SL Physics and 6 in HL Maths
- HL Maths accepted within both 'Analysis and Approaches' and 'Applications and Interpretation'
- BTEC Nationals: Pass Science or Engineering Extended Diploma with DDM, and B at A-level Maths
International22600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22600 USD per year during 36 months.
National9250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.