As part of this History and Politics (Hons) program from Leeds Beckett University, you’ll:
- Examine how historical events and processes have shaped the modern world, its ideologies and political institutions
- Understand how circumstances, chance and human agency have affected global events and processes
- Evaluate theories, methods and approaches relevant to both history and politics and apply these to your studies with confidence and creativity
- Analyse primary sources and the writings of historians and political scientists
- Be introduced to political theory and key issues around governance and international relations
This course will nurture your flexible, critical thinking and you’ll have the skills to participate in and reflect on political participation as an engaged citizen and learner.
Opportunities for professional practice will equip you with the knowledge and experience you’ll need in the workplace. As a graduate you’ll have a global awareness and outlook that will be valuable to employers and in further study.
- Emergence of Modern Europe
- The Public & the Past
- 20th-Century Europe
- Political Movements & Ideologies
- The UK & the EU
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Political Science View 1070 other Bachelors in History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
GCSE English Language at Grade C or above (Grade 4 for those sitting their GCSE from 2017 onwards) or equivalent. Key Skills Level 2, Functional Skills Level 2 and the Certificate in Adult Literacy are accepted in place of GCSEs.
- International baccalaureate
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK PT: £1541.60 for each 20 credit point module
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.