Agriculture is one of the most rapidly changing fields of study in the 21st century. As such, there is high demand for skilled professionals to develop ethical and sustainable food production systems, to support the world's growing populations.
Flexible study options allow you to undertake the Bachelor of Agriculture at your own pace, and gain credit if you already hold a relevant TAFE qualification. This qualification can be completed in three years of full-time study or six years part-time – making it ideal to study while you work You also have the option to exit early with an Associate Degree in Farm Production, or further your agriculture study to the Bachelor of Agricultural Science.
Career opportunities after the Bachelor of Agriculture from Charles Sturt University
Did you know that there are currently four jobs in the agriculture sector for every graduate? And 40 per cent of those roles are actually in cities. So a career in ag can really take you places. The Bachelor of Agriculture at Charles Sturt University empowers you to meet the global challenges the industry currently faces – and help feed the world through the use of modern, sustainable agricultural practices.
- Explore diverse roles
- Forge a career path in a range of exciting agriculture roles, including agronomist, livestock production specialist, farm manager, agricultural merchandise representative, advisory and technical consultant, extension officer and researcher.
- Experience high demand
- A massive shortage of skilled professionals exists in a range of positions, so your skills will be highly sought after.
- Further your studies
- Charles Sturt University also offers a range of popular postgraduate programs in agriculture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Agricultural Economics
- Biology in Agriculture
- Food, Environment and Culture
- Livestock Production Systems
- Precision Agriculture and Data Handling
- Managing Contemporary Farm Systems
- Plant Production Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAgriculture Horticulture and Crop Science Botany View 52 other Bachelors in Agriculture in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Charles Sturt Online and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
A Selection Rank of 65 or higher, demonstrated by one of the following:
- an ATAR of 65 (including adjustments) or equivalent from other states
- successful completion of two university level subjects (AQF level Associate Degree or higher) demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success through the Grade Point Average (GPA) gained in these studies
- a completed AQF Certificate III or higher VET qualification or equivalent industry qualifications
- successful completion of a Tertiary Preparation Certificate (TPC) or a bridging program from an accredited provider demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success through the Grade Point Average (GPA) gained in these studies
- work experience, within the same industry as the course profile, of at least two years
- partial completion of AQF Diploma level study (minimum 50 per cent).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31200 AUD per year during 36 months.
National6308 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6308 AUD per year during 36 months.
20% tuition fee scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.