The New Media Production and Design program from Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) emphasizes project-based and hands-on training, with students working in teams to produce comprehensive and useful media products.After successfully completing this program, graduates will receive a SAIT diploma in New Media Production and Design.
Career opportunitiesGraduates can pursue job opportunities in specialty production houses, agencies, private businesses, education or government. Some also freelance or open their own small business. Potential positions include:
- graphic designer
- web designer
- corporate communications specialist
- digital signage specialist
- communications specialist
- game designer
- Industrial Communications
- Web Communications
- Visual Communications
- Business of New Media
- Rich Media Communications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are accepted until the program start date but are subject to change.
DisciplinesDesign Media Studies & Mass Media View 131 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least 60% in English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalents.
- All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
- SAIT accepts high school course equivalents for admission. If you don't meet the requirements, consider Academic Upgrading.
- SAIT evaluates international documents for admissions. After you've applied, consider our international document assessment service if your education is from outside of Canada.
International16625 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16625 CAD per year during 24 months.
National4826 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4826 CAD per year during 24 months.
- National: $4,826
- International: $17,283
Living costs for Calgary
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.