Build a career as an information technology specialist or consultant with this comprehensive program. Prepare for an ever-growing industry through a major in computer systems, network systems, telecommunications or software development.
Information Technology deals with the generation, storage, retrieval, transmission and protection of information and the hardware and software involved in these processes.
For that reason, IT professionals are often called IT specialists/consultants or business process consultants and the division of an organization that deals with computers, software and communication technology are often called the IT department.
The growth of the IT sector in Canada is expected to continue to outpace other market segments in the future according to the Canadian and Alberta governments and independent research companies such as Forrester’s and the Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC) of Canada.
Career opportunitiesCareer potential for graduates of this Information Technology program from Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) vary by major. Graduates can pursue job opportunities as a(n):
- Computer Systems: customer support analyst, help desk support, desktop support, IT security, server administrator
- Network Systems: network technician, network administrator, deployment technician, desktop support technician, network analyst, local area network (LAN) administrator, remote operations technician
- Software Development: computer programmer, software developer, programmer analyst, application programmer
- Telecommunications: telecommunications technologist, production test technologist, cable technician, service technician, associated field engineer, sales and marketing, communication equipment installer, manufacturing technologist
- Computer Hardware and Operating System Essentials
- Computer Programming Essentials
- Information Technology Foundations
- Professional Communications and Presentation Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
Applications are accepted until the program start date but are subject to change.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Software Engineering View 154 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least 50% in Math 30-1 or Pure Math 30, or at least 60% in Math 30-2 or Applied Math 30,
- At least 55% in English Language Arts 30-1, or at least 60% in English Language Arts 30-2.
- All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
- SAIT accepts high school course equivalents for admission. If you don't meet the requirements, consider Academic Upgrading.
- SAIT evaluates international documents for admissions. After you've applied, consider our international document assessment service if your education is from outside of Canada.
International21584 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21584 CAD per year during 24 months.
National6720 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6720 CAD per year during 24 months.
- National: $6,720
- International: $22,439
Living costs for Calgary
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.