Computer and systems security is an integral part of our everyday lives. When the systems work it is transparent but when they fail it can be catastrophic. Not only are businesses focused on the security of their data, nation states are focused on the security of their people. Terrorism, rogue states, organized crime and low level cyber-warfare are all part of today’s threat landscapes.
The first year of the Information Systems Security program delivers a strong base of fundamental skills in programming, operating systems, networking, and strategy.
The second year moves into the more practical applications of defensive and offensive technologies, cumulating with a capstone project in which students apply the sum of their learning in the program.
Underscoring the rigorous nature of the training, a selection of courses are conducted in a unique lab environment that is designed to contain and control the possible spread of the malware being analyzed.
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) Graduates can pursue job opportunities as an information systems analyst in:
- penetration testing
- log analysis
- threat analysis
- risk management
- network security
- Internet of Things hardening
- physical security
- quality assurance
- malware analysis
- security audits
- Professional Communication and Presentation Skills
- Network Protocols and Security
- Military and Strategic Studies
- Secure Programming Essentials
- Statistics for Engineering & Tech
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
Applications are accepted until the program start date but are subject to change.
DisciplinesMilitary Science IT Security Terrorism & Security View 22 other Bachelors in IT Security in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least 65% in Math 30-1 or Pure Math 30, or at least 70% in Math 30-2 or Applied Math 30, AND,
- At least 60% in English Language Arts 30-1, or at least 65% in English Language Arts 30-2.
- All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
- SAIT accepts high school course equivalents for admission. If you don't meet the requirements, consider Academic Upgrading.
- SAIT evaluates international documents for admissions. After you've applied, consider our international document assessment service if your education is from outside of Canada.
International27742 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27742 CAD per year during 24 months.
National13353 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13353 CAD per year during 24 months.
- National: $13,353
- International: $30,214
Living costs for Calgary
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.