Medical Laboratory Technology from Northern Alberta Institute of Technology focuses on the analysis of human blood, body fluids and tissues, with students learning a variety of skills to become entry level professionals. This program includes general laboratory related courses with progression to discipline specific courses in Microbiology, Transfusion Science, Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, and Histotechnology.
Graduates typically find employment in hospitals, community health centres, private clinical laboratories, research laboratories, pharmaceutical companies and educational institutions.
- Quality Management & Specimen Handling
- Analytical Principles
- Medical Laboratory Procedures
- Clinical Chemistry
- Normal Hematology and Coagulation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications can be submitted any time, but we recommend submitting your application at least 90 days before the application deadline.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 280 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 65% in each of: English 30-1 or English 30-2, Math 30-1, Biology 30, Chemistry 30
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- 5 or more credits of post-secondary Human Anatomy and Physiology completed within 5 years of the application deadline with a final grade of 60% or greater. The NAIT course that meets this prerequisite requirement is ANPH100 Anatomy and Physiology. completion with a minimum passing grade of 60% by July 31st.
- 1 credit of post-secondary Medical Terminology completed within 5 years of the application deadline with a minimum final grade of 60%. The NAIT course that meets this prerequisite requirement is ITMS100- Medical Terminology.
- Online Interview
International15870 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 529 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National6000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.