The Innovative Manufacturing program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers a wide range of skill-based training in all aspects of the manufacturing industry, including design, CAD/CAM drafting, Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machining, welding, fabrication, robotics, 3-D printing and project management. Throughout your studies you will practice your skills and complete projects using industry-standard tools and equipment. As part of your training, you will have an opportunity to participate in a two-week, industry-based work placement.
Program faculty are accredited in their respective fields, have worked in industry and will teach you up-to-date manufacturing techniques and processes.
- 24 students are accepted each year.
- Students will experience class and project work, lectures and co-operative work terms.
- Class hours are 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. daily. Homework is required.
- There are coordinated group projects that require teamwork.
- It is very important that students take initiative and manage their work time effectively.
As a graduate from the Innovative Manufacturing diploma program, you may find employment with independent manufacturing companies as well as government agencies. Depending on the wide range of industry requirements, some of your work duties may include designing, drafting and fabricating machine parts, developing working plans and prototypes, as well as contributing to quality assurance and quality control, safety and production requirements.
- Autodesk Inventor
- Critical Reading and Writing
- Drafting Principles
- Applied Mathematics
- Machine Shop Fundamentals
- Culture and Diversity
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology User Experience Design Machine Learning View 14 other Bachelors in Machine Learning in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Grade 12 with:
- Minimum 60% in Foundations of Mathematics 20 or Pre-Calculus 20 or Workplace and Apprenticeship Math 30 *
- English Language Requirement
*Previous Saskatchewan mathematics requirement also accepted:
- Minimum 60% in Math 20 or General Math 30
International20500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 CAD per year during 24 months.
National8785 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8785 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Saskatoon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.