About this Degree
The Business Information Systems program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic starts with a solid foundation in business basics with a focus on information technology functions and learning how to use them to develop meaningful business solutions. This includes training in:
- Software development languages (Visual Studio.NET, Java, COBOL);
- Computer hardware, networking and operating systems (Windows, Unix and Linux);
- Data gathering, modeling and database management systems (Oracle, SQL Server 2000);
- Retrieval techniques of databases and programming languages (SQL, PLSQL, ADO.NET, JDBC); and
You’ll use cutting edge technology in servers, programming and mobile apps. You’ll have opportunities to develop or enhance actual production applications, and build hands-on skills in systems analysis, design methodologies and project management.Your Career
You’re job-ready at graduation. You could work as a software developer, systems analyst, programmer analyst, web/mobile app developer or help desk support. As you gain experience, explore opportunities in IT management or build specialized skills in database administration, advanced web development, project and network management. You could also build a name for yourself as a private consultant or independent contractor.
- Programming for Information Systems
- Business Computing
- Visual Application Development
- Business Statistics
- Organizational Behaviour
- Object Oriented Programming Concepts
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Business Information Systems Health Informatics View 11 other Bachelors in Health Informatics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade 12 with any 30-level mathematics course or with ICTC FIT (Information and Communication Technology Council Focus on IT) certificate
- English Language Requirement
International17500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 CAD per year during 24 months.
National8000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 CAD per year during 24 months.
- Year 2 National - $6,500
- Year 2 International - 15,000.0
Living costs for Saskatoon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.