Office administrators in the health services field are vital members of the healthcare team, often the first person to interact with clients in a physician’s office.
Graduates of the Office Administration - Health Services (Fast Track) program from St. Clair College are able to work within and manage any health services office with the required comprehensive knowledge and specialized skills. Accuracy and confidentiality are paramount and students should have excellent critical thinking skills, be organized and know how to prioritize.
- Training includes client care, appointment scheduling, manual and electronic charting, transcription of a wide range of medical data and reports and communication techniques.
- Strict emphasis is placed on confidentiality following PHIPA (Personal Health Information Protection Act) guidelines.
- Graduates have an understanding of healthcare billing through MOHLTC (Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care-OHIP), along with third-party and private billing with a hands-on approach in an electronic healthcare software setting.
- Work Placement in the final semester in a variety of private and government-funded medical clinics, general and specialized healthcare offices, hospitals or alternative healthcare facilities.
- Advanced computer software including EMR (electronic medical records) training.
Career OpportunitiesOpportunities in the healthcare field are diverse and include physicians’ offices, hospitals, laboratories, medical clinics, nursing homes, health insurance offices, public health offices, and alternative health therapy offices.
- Language Fundamentals
- Administrative Procedures
- Essential Business Calculations
- Business for the Office Assistant
- Computer Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Health Administration View 56 other Bachelors in Health Administration in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level qualify for admission to this program.
General diploma programs admission requirement for international students are as follows:
- Canada & USA: High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- British education system: General Certificate of Education showing passes in six (6) academic subjects (including English) at the Ordinary level.
- Caribbean countries (English): High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, etc.): WAEC (or NECO) transcript with online verifying scratch card number and PIN required.
International17382 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17382 CAD per year during 12 months.
National6705 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6705 CAD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.