Learn the necessary techniques for a career
The Carpentry and Renovation Techniques program of Fanshawe College takes students from building layout, through the completion of framing for a residential construction project. Students will gain the required knowledge with respect to blueprint reading, building code, construction methods, building materials, tools and jobsite safety in an interactive classroom environment. Students will then apply their skills in a variety of hands-on carpentry courses. In addition to new construction, students will apply their experiences to a variety of renovation projects.
Graduates from this program can take the techniques they learned to the workforce or they can apply to enter the second year of the Carpentry and Renovations Technician program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Drawings & Takeoff
- Forming & Framing
- Framing Methods
- Construction Takeoff & Ordering
- Construction Administration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- If you are an international student, contact our International department to learn about timelines for international applicants.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering View 49 other Bachelors in Materials Science & Engineering in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- OSSD with courses from the College (C), University (U), University/College (M), or Open (O) stream WITH any Grade 12 Mathematics (C) or (U)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE)
- Pre-Technology Ontario College Certificate
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED) AND any Grade 12 Mathematics* (C) or (U)
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15589 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15589 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
National3553 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3553 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Canadian students: $3,285 per full programme
- International students: $15,321 per full programme
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.