At Civil Engineering Technology (Optional Co-op) from Conestoga College the optional co-op stream includes two co-op work terms. Students become familiar with the structural properties of timber, steel, masonry and concrete and study the design of roads, water distribution, sewage and drainage systems. The major business aspects of civil engineering are also covered, as are technical communications skills.
Graduates work in the broad field of civil engineering at the engineering technologist level and are qualified for employment in the areas of design and detailing, estimating construction costs, coordinating construction schedules and specifications. Graduates can also become advanced in field surveys, soil exploration, construction supervision, and laboratory testing of soils, materials and structures. Graduates are eligible for admission to the one-year Environmental Engineering Applications or Construction Project Management graduate certificate programs at Conestoga College.
- College Reading & Writing Skills
- Science for Technology
- Mechanics of Materials
- Technical Drafting and Estimating
- Construction Materials
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You can still apply after this date.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 58 other Bachelors in Architecture in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, or 19 years of age or older with mature student status (See Mature Student definition for details.)
- Grade 12 compulsory English, C or U, or equivalent, OR Conestoga College Preparatory Communications (COMM1250)
- Grade 12 Mathematics, C or U (MCT4C or MHF4U or MCV4U or MDM4U), or equivalent, or Conestoga College Preparatory Mathematics for Technology & Apprenticeship (MATH1385)
- MCT4C 65%
- MHF4U, MCV4U 55%
- MDM4U 70%
- MATH1385 65%
International13350 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13350 CAD per year during 36 months.
National2696 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2696 CAD per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.