In five terms - one of which is a co-op - students will cover advanced interior finishes, decks and porches, cabinets, trim, basement and bathroom renovation, as well as additional components to renovation construction with an emphasis placed on eco-friendly building practices, plumbing and electrical situations, and residential and small commercial framing and layout.
Renovation Construction Technician students from Lambton College, will participate in community based learning projects and/or capstone projects and experiential learning either working with non-profit organizations such as, the Seaway Kiwanis Club, Inn of the Good Shepherd or Habitat for Humanity.In addition, for graduates of this program, a laddering opportunity exists with the General Carpenter Apprenticeship Program. Graduates will need to find their own General Carpenter Apprenticeship with an employer, but will be exempt from the in-school basic level of the General Carpenter Apprenticeship.
Graduates of this program may find employment in the expanding residential renovation industry, new house construction, house additions, house framing, flooring installer, drywall, interior and exterior finishing and entrepreneurship. The program could allow students to enter into the General Carpenter Apprenticeship program once they have found employment.
Due to low mortgage and government retrofit programs the construction carpentry trade is yearning for qualified trades people to perform this work. The construction sector shows significant demand and growth resulting in all graduates finding employment in a construction-related field where they put the skills acquired to work.
- Safety, Tools and Materials (hybrid)
- Construction Plans, Specifications and Codes
- Surveying and Layout
- Job Search and Success
- Estimating and Calculating
- Foundation Systems (hybrid)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction View 44 other Bachelors in Environmental Engineering in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade 12 English C or U
- Mature applicants must be at least 19 years of age by the start of classes, be out of secondary school for at least one year and usually do not have a high school diploma. Mature applicant assessment for this program is available in the Counselling Department in the subject of English. The assessment(s) will demonstrate proficiency in required admission subjects.
- Academic admission requirements can be obtained through Academic Upgrading and Pre-Programs at Lambton College.
- The admissions process is competitive and meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee admission.
- In order to keep pace with the requirements of each and every course in your program, Lambton College recommends that each student have access to a laptop while studying at our college.
International14030 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28061 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
National per year
- Year 1 $4,336.98
- Year 2 $4,258.16
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.