Photography students at Lambton College are encouraged to follow their passion as they explore diverse photographic interests, all while developing the technical skills necessary for creative control.
The curriculum covers a broad range of topics, including design and composition, digital darkroom, lighting and camera skills, and portfolio development. Students have the opportunity to collaborate with classmates as they photograph events both on and off campus, and a photography field study in New York City during second year challenges students to expand their horizons. See some of our students' work from previous classes by visiting Lens on Lambton.Students learn from current and award and award winning industry leaders who share the secrets they've learned through their decades of photography experience.
At the core of the Photography program from Lambton College is our state-of-the-art photography and video studio, equipped with strobe, video and continuous light kits. Students work in this space, both individually and in small groups, using professional-quality equipment from our loan department.
Photography graduates pursue a variety of employment opportunities such as travel, sports, portrait, photojournalism, wedding and fashion photographers, photo manipulation, restoration artists and multi-media professionals. Careers exist in commercial, corporate, private and personal businesses.
Graduates are encouraged to understand their niche and pursue it passionately. Relocation should be considered depending on the career aspirations of graduates.
- Digital Photography Techniques
- Workplace Communication
- Design and Composition for Photographers
- Lighting Techniques
- Digital Darkroom
- General Education Elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 127 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade 12 English C or U
- Mature applicants must be at least 19 years of age by the start of classes, be out of secondary school for at least one year and usually do not have a high school diploma. Mature applicant assessment for this program is available in the Counselling Department in the subject of English. The assessment(s) will demonstrate proficiency in required admission subjects.
- Academic admission requirements can be obtained through Academic Upgrading and Pre-Programs at Lambton College.
- The admissions process is competitive and meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee admission.
International14340 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28681 CAD for the full programme during 24 months.
National per year
- Year 1 $4,296.66
- Year 2 $4,917.84
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.