We believe that fair access to higher education is a fundamental enabler for social mobility and are committed to delivering this through our education. We aim to widen participation and raise attainment - bridging gaps in retention, progression and success - to ensure our students enjoy the best possible outcome.
- The BSc Physics with Foundation Year from The University of Exeter , has been designed explicitly for this purpose, to support UK students from Widening Participation backgrounds wishing to study Physics:
- You’ll be learning in a friendly and structured environment and will be supported academically and personally as you prepare to study the Physics undergraduate degree
- Provided you achieve the specific progression criteria, you will progress into Year 1 of our BSc Physics programme which has a Foundation Year
- Depending upon the qualifications you’ve gained prior to beginning the Foundation programme it may be possible to transfer to an undergraduate programme in Mathematics, Natural Sciences or Engineering which have a foundation year and provided you meet the entry requirements for that programme
Employability skills are an integral part of the physics curriculum. The flexibility and adaptability of a well-trained physicist is appreciated by employers: they acknowledge the benefits of excellent problem solving skills, an educated scientific intuition, and the confidence to be able to grasp new concepts quickly.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Pure Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics
- Exploring Mathematics
- Foundation Statistics
- Science: Skills and Culture
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Statistics View 574 other Bachelors in Physics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level BBC Maths B and B from Physics
- IB 28/554 Maths HL 5 and Physics HL 5
- BTEC DMM Applicants studying a BTEC Extended Diploma will also require at least one grade B and a grade B in GCE AL Maths and Physics
- GCSE 4/C Grade 4/C in GCSE English language
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.