The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Biomedical Engineering) programme of The University of Auckland is comprising a blend of theoretical and practical work, ensures that you’re career-ready upon graduation. You’ll pursue one of the nine specialisations available at our country’s leading Engineering faculty.
A Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Biomedical Engineering is your first step towards a rewarding career. Core topics in this specialisation include:
- Biological modelling, the use of mathematics, physiology, and computational tools to gain information on the biological functions of living organisms
- Bioinstrumentation, the development of devices for recording and processing biological signals, and for controlling biological functions
- Experimental methodologies towards gathering usable data on the structure, function and properties of living organisms and tissues
Your specialisation, personal interests and chosen electives can impact what you pursue. With quantitative, problem-solving, communication and technical skills, you’ll easily adapt to the technologically-driven nature of many industries.
All our specialisations are accredited by Engineering New Zealand, a signatory to the Washington Accord, making our BE(Hons) a recognised engineering qualification in many countries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mechanics of Engineered and Biological Materials
- Biology for Biomedical Science: Cellular Processes and Development
- Instrumentation and Design
- Tissue and Biomolecular Engineering
- Professional Skills and Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 5 other Bachelors in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum total score of 24.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level. You must have completed a minimum of three A-Level subjects with at least a 'C' grade or higher. General Studies or similar general papers cannot be included.
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33275 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33275 USD per year during 48 months.
National5204 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5204 USD per year during 48 months.
- Domestic: NZ$7,279.20 – $10,650 per year
- International: NZ$46,552 per year
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.