A double degree in Laws (Honours) - Business (Marketing) program from University of South Australia expands your knowledge and opens doors to a broad range of career opportunities.
Learning outcomesYou will graduate with professional honours, an advanced understanding of legal principles of Australian law and the latest legal concepts in Marketing. This legal expertise, combined with the knowledge and skills you’ll gain from your Marketing specialisation, will set you on track for a leadership career.In your law studies you’ll gain practical real-world experience by undertaking an industry or clinic placement, a law reform project or high-level research in your final year. You’ll also be involved in mock-trials in our moot court, learning what it’s like to act as an advocate and argue a case before a judge. You can also gain valuable experience through our Legal Advice Clinic, solving legal problems of clients under the guidance of a managing solicitor.In your marketing studies you will develop the practical skills needed to become a marketing manager - exploring consumer psychology and the scientific laws of brand growth. Your lecturers will be the very experts who advise brands like Procter & Gamble, CBS and Nestlé.
You will hold a desired skillset for a diverse range of careers including:
- Brand manager: responsible for driving the growth of a brand; ensuring all aspects of a brand’s marketing and manufacturing match; creating a brand strategy and ensuring all aspects of a product or an activity align with the brand
- Celebrity endorsement adviser: managing legalities and contracts for celebrity/paid endorsement arrangements between individuals and organisations to help promote a product or service
- Competitor and consumer act adviser: working with organisations such as the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission to ensure individuals and businesses comply with Australian competition, fair trading and consumer protection laws
- Copyright lawyer: specialising in managing cases involving copyright/intellectual property infringements
- Corporate lawyer: ensuring the legality of commercial transactions within an organization and informing clients of their legal rights and responsibilities
- Data analyst: gathering and interrogating data to help organisations make strategic marketing decisions to solve or address business problems/objectives
- Marketing manager: overseeing and leading a marketing team and all functions; setting strategy; managing marketing plans, budgets and resources; assigning tasks and setting targets
- Marketing Principles: Trading and Exchange
- Principles of Economics
- Accounting for Business
- Quantitative Methods for Business
- Business and Society
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no closing date for submitting your application.
DisciplinesMarketing Criminal Law Business Intelligence & Analytics View 102 other Bachelors in Criminal Law in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Meet any prerequisite requirements with a minimum grade of C- or equivalent
- Qualify for the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE), and achieved a competitive Selection Rank (ATAR), or
- Complete secondary qualifications equivalent to SACE, or
- Complete the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum score of 24 points
- Applicants who have not achieved the Selection Rank required for automatic selection may be selected for any remaining places based on the grades of their year 12 subjects.
- Higher education study
- Complete or partly complete a recognised higher education program at a recognised higher education institution, or
- Complete at least four Open Universities Australia (OUA) courses at undergraduate level or above
- CRICOS CODE 089104A
International32600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32600 AUD per year during 60 months.
Domestic: Commonwealth Supported
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.