- To develop basic skills required to be able to approach development of skills required in pharmacy within the local and the EU legal framework governing the production, supply and use of medicines.
- To develop skills for the application of principles of chemistry and biological sciences to development, formulation and use of drugs.
- To apply principles, skills and knowledge of good quality in the development and distribution of medicines.
- To be able to safeguard patient safety.
- To develop skills in scientific report writing and to develop research skills.
- To develop a capacity for lifelong learning.
Students in possession of the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Pharmaceutical Science degree may be allowed to register for the course leading to the degree of the Master of Pharmacy (vide Bye-Laws for M.Pharm course) which in turn gives graduates access to practice the profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General and Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Social Aspects of Pharmacy and Terminology
- Histology and Anatomy
- Computing for Chemists and Pharmacists
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Regulatory Affairs and Pharmacy Ethics
- Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Applied Pharmaceutical Biochemistry
- Drugs used in Disorders of the Nervous and Cardiovascular Systems
- Drugs used in Disorders of the Endocrine and Reproductive Systems and Cancer: Applications of Molecular Pharmacology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Biochemistry
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must satisfy the General Entry Requirements for admission, namely, the Matriculation Certificate and Secondary Education Certificate passes at Grade 5 or better in Maltese, English Language and Mathematics.
Applicants must also satisfy the following Special Course Requirements:
- a pass at Advanced Matriculation Level at Grade C or better in Chemistry
- a pass at Advanced Matriculation Level at Grade C or better in one of the following subjects: Biology, Computing, English, Philosophy, Physics and
- a pass at Intermediate Matriculation Level at Grade C or better in Pure Mathematics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.