We produce physiotherapists who can be defined as professionals who work in increasingly complex environments and demonstrate effective problem solving and critical thinking skills, underpinned by a sound physiotherapy knowledge base and appropriate professional skills. You must possess self-directed learning habits that will enable you to continue as a reflective practitioner and lifelong learner maintaining your fitness to practise throughout your career.
Physiotherapy is a science-based health care profession committed to extending applying, evaluating and reviewing the evidence that underpins and informs its practice. Physiotherapists adopt a ‘whole person’ approach to maximise the potential of a person’s function and movement. Thus, physiotherapists not only help people stay independent for as long possible after illness or injury, but also help maintain health for people of all ages; preventing disease and managing pain.
Patient involvement is at the core of this approach and as such, key attributes a physiotherapist must possess include the ability to empower, relate and educate people to facilitate change in their health and wellbeing. Physiotherapists are autonomous professionals, able to act as first-contact practitioners, as well as accepting referrals from other health care professionals. Consequently, central to physiotherapy practice is the making of clinical judgement and informed interpretation of clinical information.
Successful completion of our BSc Physiotherapy at the University of Essex leads to eligibility to apply for registration as a physiotherapist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), which allows you to practise as a physiotherapist in the UK.
Accredited by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).Approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) for the purpose of providing eligibility to apply for registration with the HCPC as a physiotherapist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interprofessional Working and Development
- Anatomy for Physiotherapy Practice
- Neuromusculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Pathophysiology Concepts for Physiotherapy Practice
- Core Physiotherapy Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences View 1003 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-levels: BBB, including a life science.
- GCSE: 6 GCSEs at C/4 or above (to include Mathematics, English Language and Science).
- IB: 30 points to include Higher Level Biology at a grade 5 or higher. We are also happy to consider a combination of separate IB Diploma Programmes at both Higher and Standard Level. Exact offer levels will vary depending on the range of subjects being taken at higher and standard level, and the course applied for.
- BTEC Extended Diploma: DDD (in relevant subject).
- Access to HE diploma: (in a relevant pathway) 24 L3 credits at distinction and 21 at merit with at least 12 Distinction credits in relevant Biological Science units.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17700 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.