- Gain skills and qualifications for designing industries such as oil and gas, LNG, water treatment, coal and minerals processing, food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, paper and sugar.
- Learn how to use chemistry, physics and business principles to design processes for making modern society’s energy (fuels), essential products (for example, water; pharmaceuticals), food and clean waste.
- Practice designing and managing these processes using assessment which mimics real industrial situations.
- Hone a creative ability required to come up with imaginative solutions to scientific issues.
- Learn from enthusiastic lecturers with recent real world industry experience.
Why choose this Engineering (Honours) (Chemical Process) course?
By studying chemical process engineering at QUT you'll have a qualification that is highly recognised by industry, with more training around business skills to prepare you for the real world financial environment in which industry operates. Your learning of chemistry, maths and physics will be applied to the energy and materials sectors of the economy. You'll also develop project management and leadership skills to approach complex and multidisciplinary problems. You'll have access to opportunities for site visits, work integrated learning and research projects.
As part of our commitment to diverse and real world learning, our mobility tours give you the opportunity to visit sites overseas. Visits have previously included Germany and Scandinavia.
Our engineering courses at Queensland University of Technology, whether a single or double degree, now include honours-level content integrated throughout the course. A bachelor honours degree is a higher-level qualification than a bachelor degree, and along with the advanced knowledge and skills, it will benefit you in your professional career or future research and study. The duration of the degree remains unchanged: a single engineering honours degree is a four-year program, and a double degree is five years.
- Engineering Sustainability and Professional Practice
- Foundation of Engineering Design
- Energy in Engineering Systems
- Engineering Mathematics
- Computational Explorations
- Process Principles
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 315 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English, or Literature, or English and Literature Extension, or English as an Additional Language (Units 3 & 4, C)
- Mathematical Methods, or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C)
- If you don't think your ATAR or selection rank is high enough to get into this course, you can guarantee your entry with guaranteed advanced standing by upgrading through one the following programs which you can select as one of your QTAC preferences:
- If you enrol in a QTAC offer in the following dual TAFE-Qld Brisbane/QUT award you will automatically receive a QUT conditional offer in June (semester 1 QTAC offer) or October (semester 2 QTAC offer) after your enrolment at TAFE-Qld Brisbane is confirmed.
- CRICOS: 084921G
International39300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39300 AUD per year during 48 months.
National7000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.