- Financial planning is a service helping people and businesses to manage their financial affairs and meet their financial goals.
- Build expertise in the fields of taxation, cash flow modelling, superannuation, insurance and investment planning to suit a diverse range of clients and contexts.
- Develop superior communication skills to enable you to provide clear, ethical and professional advice to your clients.
- Business (Financial Planning) at Queensland University of Technology prepares you for a career as a financial planner, financial advisor, investment manager or superannuation adviser.
- Graduates who complete the financial planning majors will satisfy the education requirements to seek membership of the Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA).
- As a student of this degree you can become affiliated with the FPA at no charge gaining valuable access to career development activities and resources of the FPA.
- Graduates will also be ready to participate in the educational qualifications and standards framework set by the Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA) which will be required before being able to provide personal financial planning advice to retail clients.
Why choose this course?
Financial planning profession helps people and businesses to manage their financial affairs and meet their financial goals. Financial planners assist their clients to set their financial goals, prepare financial plans and implement recommendations. They provide advice on: cash flow and liability management; retirement, investment, tax and estate planning; and risk management and insurance planning.
Financial Planning major units:
- Personal Financial Planning
- Taxation Law
- Finance 1
- Superannuation and Retirement Planning
- Financial Services Regulation and Law
- Insurance, Risk Management and Estate Planning
- Managing Investments and Client Relationships
- Financial Plan Construction
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Banking and Investment View 26 other Bachelors in Banking and Investment in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 003491G
- English, or Literature, or English and Literature Extension, or English as an Additional Language (Units 3 & 4, C)
- General Mathematics, or Mathematical Methods, or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C)
- QUT College Diploma in Business graduates will automatically receive an offer to start the Bachelor of Business within three weeks after completion of the diploma.
- If you achieve an ATAR or selection rank of 84.00 or higher (including any adjustments) and satisfy all other admission requirements, you are guaranteed an offer for this course.
- If you enrol in a QTAC offer for one of the following dual TAFE-Qld Brisbane/QUT awards you will automatically receive a QUT conditional offer in June (semester 1 QTAC offer) or October (semester 2 QTAC offer) after your enrolment at TAFE-Qld Greater Brisbane is confirmed.
International31100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31100 AUD per year during 36 months.
National14600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.