Our state-of-the-art facilities include a counselling and communication suite to role play realistic work-based scenarios. Plus, you’ll gain real-life experience in a variety of clinical settings such as NHS Trusts, community placements, independent sector and voluntary sector organisations. Graduate with the highly specialised and sought-after skillset needed for a rewarding career as a Mental Health Nurse.
If you’d like to choose mental health nursing as a career, this Mental Health Nursing (Hons) at London South Bank University will equip you with the skills to work in a diverse range of mental health nursing roles, across a range of settings. This includes the NHS and the private health care sector. If you successfully complete the course you’ll be able to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) as a Registered Nurse - Mental Health. Recent graduates from this course have gone onto a range of nurse practitioner roles within mental health nursing.
Day-to-day, the work broadly involves working in the community and hospitals taking on a variety of tasks – from giving patients medication, to assessing and supporting their needs. With experience, there are lots of opportunities for specialisation as your career progresses. You might choose to specialise in alcohol or substance use, forensic psychology, psychotherapeutic interventions or working with offenders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Providing care in Mental Health Nursing
- Applied physiology for Mental Health Nursing
- Appraising evidence for practice
- Promoting health and preventing ill health
- Safe and effective practice
- Mother and new-born
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Nursing Clinical Psychology View 870 other Bachelors in Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBC/A*A* and 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade 4 or above (previously A*-C) or equivalent; or;
- BTEC Extended Diploma DMM and 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade 4 or above (previously A*-C) or equivalent; or;
- Access to HE Diploma in Nursing or similar with 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits at Level 3 and 15 Credits at Level 2; and GCSEs Maths and English grade 4 or above (previously A*-C) or equivalent; or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 112 UCAS points; and 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade 4 or above (previously A*-C) or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.