Focusing on diverse fashion practice, but excluding fashion design, the Fashion Communication (Hons) course at London South Bank University combines creativity with commercial awareness to provide you with the best chance of employment and career progression when you graduate. Integrated with practical studio work, and working towards a multi-disciplinary portfolio, this course is designed to introduce you to a range of aspects of the fashion industry including fashion promotion, fashion buying and merchandising and fashion media.
By being a part of this course, you will explore analytical, creative and technical aspects of fashion media and promotion. Through experiencing real life briefs linked directly to industry brands you can develop skills around innovative technology, film and photography as you design dynamic ways to commercially engage with your audiences. The course will also provide you with an extensive overview of fashion buying, product development, sustainability, innovation and finance, as well as a thorough understanding of how a fashion business operates and promotes itself.
In this digital world you will establish key business skills which will enable you to become an entrepreneur and gain highly sought after entrepreneurial skills. Complemented by input from industry practitioners and placement opportunities, your educational journey with us will be challenging and innovative as it prepares you for the world of work in the global fashion industry.
Entrepreneurship is something we value greatly. Together with experiential learning and live briefs, this course will equip you with the skills you need for a successful career in a dynamic industry.
This course is special because you can identify your subject interests, focus on them and strategically plan their pathways into industry.
By the time you graduate you’ll already have a professional network in place and will have had some work experience, through internships, a placement, a sandwich year in industry, or an industry mentor.
Graduates from this course go on to work as fashion promoters, fashion digital marketing managers, creative directors, stylists, photographers and journalists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Brands, Branding and Social Media
Innovation in Digital Design
Audiences of the Future
Employability & Enterprise
Fashion, Editorial and Advertising Photography - Optional
Fashion Supply Chain and Sustainability - Optional
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 99 other Bachelors in Communication Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Interview and/or creative portfolio
- A Level BCC; 104 UCAS points
- BTEC Extended Diploma MMM; 96 UCAS point
- Access to HE qualifications with 9 Distinctions 36 Merits; 96 UCAS points
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 106 UCAS points
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.