The Early Childhood Teacher Education programme from University of Turku consists of studies in educational science, practical training and studies that provide pedagogical skills required for positions in early childhood education and pre-school education in different domains including arts, crafts and physical education. The student may choose optional and minor studies that deepen his/her knowledge in various subjects.
Holder of the Bachelor of Arts (Education) is, most of all, pedagogical expert and teacher in the day care and early childhood education work. The training provides qualifications to act in various expert positions that require early childhood education expertise.
Holder of the degree is qualified to act as early childhood teacher and pre-school education teacher in Finland (taking into account the required knowledge of languages).
After completing the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Early Childhood Teacher Education, students may apply for Master’s degree studies in educational sciences. After completing the Master of Arts (Education) students may pursue postgraduate studies for the Doctor of Philosophy (Education).
High-level research at the Faculty of Education is internationally well-known and has its scope on the whole life-span. The research done at the Faculty, forms the basis for teaching. The research is from the offset free and researcher originated. Research is conducted at the Department level. There are also national and international research centres which operate within the Faculty. The researcher centres are
- Centre for Research on Lifelong Learning and Education (CELE)
- Centre for Research on Learning and Instruction (CeRLI)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basics of Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Early Childhood Education and Care
- Pedagogy in Early Childhood Education
- Pedagogics in Pre-primary Education
- Development and Pedagogical Support
- Co-Operation in Early Childhood Education
- Music Education
- Physical and Health Education
- Visual Arts Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Eligible applicants hold an upper secondary education certificate - the Finnish matriculation examination, the International Baccalaureate, the European Baccalaureate, Reifeprüfung/Die Deutsche Internationale Abiturprüfung or any other comparable upper secondary educational qualification which provides eligibility to University-level Bachelor’s studies in the country in question.
- Applicants who are in the final semester of their upper secondary education are also eligible to apply. The required secondary education studies have to be completed and the related enclosures sent to the Faculty of Education by 10 July 2020 at 15.00 (Finnish time). If the studies required are not completed by the application period deadline, applicants should enclose a statement from their home institution stating the expected date of graduation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.