At Federation University Australia's renowned Arts Academy, the Performing Arts program provides the skills to develop your practice through a comprehensive curriculum that includes classes in acting, singing, voice, movement, dance, creativity, theatre-making, aerobic fitness and mindfulness.
You will train to maximise your versatility in the creative arts industry and prepare you for a range of career opportunities in music theatre, theatre, film, stage, screen, cabaret, opera, comedy, streaming platforms, multi-media and emerging creative industries. Each day is intensive and rigorous; though a combination of studio-based classes and public performances you will work alongside leading industry professionals: theatre directors, music theatre performers, screen actors, composers, musical directors, designers and choreographers, amplifying your strengths while expanding your actors tool-kit.
- Casting consultant
- Event manager
- Film and TV editor
- Production manager
- Set designer
- Stage manager
- Concert manager
- Film director
- Voice over artist
- Music Theatre performer
- Acting performer
- Forum 1: Knowledge and creativity
- Acting project
- Dance studio
- Voice studio
- Critical studies in theatre
- Forum 2: Curation, disruption and activation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic Theatre & Dance View 106 other Bachelors in Music in Australia
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Federation University Australia and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS code: 0100642
- Selection is based on successful interview and audition as well as completing a year 12 qualification (VCE/interstate or overseas equivalent). Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any English.
- Supplementary form Compulsory: Applicants must complete and submit a supplementary application form to secure an audition. The supplementary application form must be completed and submitted in October for timely applicants or November for late applicants.
- Applicants must pay an audition fee of $65 with their supplementary application form
- Audition Compulsory: The selection process involves an audition and, for shortlisted applicants, a call-back audition. Details about the audition, including key dates, how to prepare and audition locations, are available on the Arts Academy webpage. For applicants who live a considerable distance away from audition venues, it is possible to audition via the video application process.
International28100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28100 AUD per year during 36 months.
National8301 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8301 AUD per year during 36 months.
- National: Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP)
Living costs for Ballarat
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.