Further, the Graphic Design (Fine Arts) BFA program offered at Old Dominion University provides a solid foundation of traditional art experiences and design practices to build students’ ability to create dynamic visual designs. The design curriculum stresses essential competencies in conceptual problem solving, analysis and articulation, aesthetics, design theory, productivity, and the application of technology, all necessary for advanced exploration and entry into professional practice. The elective coursework provides students with concentrated study in specific specializations within design, which gives students the opportunity to craft their career goals by choosing among a range of print and digital deliveries. Graduating portfolios represent a rich experience in print design, branding, packaging, interactive media, advertising, typography, and image making. Students graduating from the program pursue careers in graphic design studios and advertising agencies throughout the country, or continue their education in M.F.A. programs.
What makes Graphic Design at ODU unique?
- All graphic design students can expect a creative environment built upon the experience of a faculty of practicing designers and design educators.
- Our dedicated state of the art facilities include classroom and production spaces built and equipped to facilitate instruction and invention with traditional and digital media.
- Combined, the graphic design faculty have over 50 years of teaching experience in higher education within the field of graphic design.
- Design work created by students continually receive recognition at professional venues like Communication Arts magazine, the National Student Show, the Adobe Design Achievement Awards, the FLUX Student Design Competition, the Richmond Ad Club, the American Advertising Federation Awards, and the Brass Ring Awards.
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Design Continuance Review
- Design Concepts
- Design Systems
- Brand Identity
- Web Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design User Experience Design View 543 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students seeking admission into the Graphic Design program must successfully complete required foundational art studio and graphic design coursework. Subsequently, students must pass GDES 370-Graphic Design Continuance Review-in order to be considered for admittance into the program. At the conclusion of this course, students will apply for continuance in the major by submitting a portfolio and essay, and completing a test-of-skills exam.
- Application and $50 fee.
- All prior Secondary/High School or College/University transcripts along with Diploma or Leaving Certificate.
- Demonstrated English Language Proficiency.
- Financial Documentation (seeking F/J visas only).
- Passport identification page.
- SAT/ACT standardized exams are optional, though highly recommended.
International30960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1032 USD per credit during 48 months.
National30960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1032 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State10800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 360 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.