The Dental Hygiene, Post-Licensure BSc program offered at Old Dominion University provides an opportunity for the licensed dental hygienist to gain knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for expanded career opportunities in education, oral health promotion, research, community and public health, management, and marketing. This program also provides a strong foundation for graduate studies.
What makes Dental Hygiene, Post-Licensure at ODU unique?
- Available online or as a hybrid of online and on-campus courses
- Students can take classes part-time or full-time
- Once accepted into the program, students can start Fall, Spring, or Summer semester Eligible
- BSDH Post-Licensure students may apply to the linked bachelor’s to master’s program. This program allows gifted undergraduate students the opportunity to take up to 12 credit hours of graduate coursework that may be applied to both degrees.
- Dental Hygiene Theory
- Dental Hygiene Services
- Oral Anatomy and Histology
- Applied Dental Materials
- Oral Radiology
- Pharmacology and Medical Emergencies
- Oral Pathology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry Health Sciences View 650 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Persons seeking admission to the BSDH Post-Licensure Online Program must complete both an online application to Old Dominion University as a degree-seeking student and a supplemental application to the Dental Hygiene Program through ADEA Dental Hygiene Centralized Application Service (DHCAS).
- Transcripts for all college-level coursework from all previous educational institutions attended since high school.
- High school transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Current resume.
- Photocopy of current RDH license.
- Photocopy of current CPR certification (upload this in the section titled "other").
- Photocopy of National Board Dental Hygiene Examination Results.
International30960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1032 USD per credit during 48 months.
National30960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1032 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State10800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 360 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.