Chemical oceanography is the study of the behavior of the chemical elements in the oceans and marine sediments and how they are affected by physical, chemical, biological, and geological processes. Students in the Chemical Oceanography (Ocean and Earth Science) BSc degree offered at Old Dominion University are strongly encouraged to minor in chemistry by taking the appropriate 300- and 400-level classes in the chemistry department.
What makes Chemical Oceanography at ODU unique?
- The program provides students with the necessary training for employment with a B.S. in a wide range of federal, state, local and private venues.
- The program provides students with the necessary background for graduate work in oceanography, marine science, analytical chemistry, and environmental science.
- Small class sizes at the upper division level means students work closely with faculty in their discipline as a part of their undergraduate experience.
- The program is unique in the state of Virginia.
- Global Earth Systems
- Ocean and Earth Sciences Field Study
- Physical Geology
- Chemical Oceanography
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Earth Sciences Hydrology & Water Management View 538 other Bachelors in Earth Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must first declare the Ocean and Earth science major, chemical oceanography concentration, with the chief departmental advisor (CDA).
- Entering students should be prepared to take MATH 211 (Calculus I), although students with math deficiencies can take remedial math classes as needed (e.g., MATH 102M, 103M, 162M, 163 or 166, as needed; note that all of these courses will not necessarily be required before taking MATH 211; please consult the catalog or CDA for details).
- Application and $50 fee.
- All prior Secondary/High School or College/University transcripts along with Diploma or Leaving Certificate.
- Demonstrated English Language Proficiency.
- Financial Documentation (seeking F/J visas only).
- Passport identification page.
- SAT/ACT standardized exams are optional, though highly recommended.
International30960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1032 USD per credit during 48 months.
National30960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1032 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State10800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 360 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.