Primary specialisations of the Arts and Education (Primary) course from Southern Cross University include English; Mathematics; Science and Technology; Human Society and Its Environment; Creative Arts; and Personal Development, Health and Physical Education.
With expert educators providing guidance on teaching methods, assessment and educational leadership, you'll develop strong practical and theoretical skills.
The block professional teaching experiences, combined with volunteer activities and embedded site visits will provide you with a deep understanding about the role of a teacher. As you will be interacting with children and young people, upon enrolment you will be expected to apply and attain a valid Working with Children Check for your state or territory. See professional experience requirements.
Graduates will be qualified to work as a primary teacher Australia-wide, including Queensland and NSW. Please note your application must include a personal statement outlining your non-academic capabilities. See education non-academic requirements.
Primary school teacher with the opportunity to specialise.
Students complete a program of in-school professional teaching experiences during the course, culminating in an extended in-school development experience, to demonstrate their capabilities as primary school teachers.
This course is currently undergoing its five-year reaccreditation with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) and the Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) for national accreditation through the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL).
Usually, Australian teacher qualifications are recognised internationally, but students need to check with potential employers and teacher registration authorities in other countries regarding accreditation requirements.
All Initial Teacher Education students across Australia need to successfully complete the Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Students (LANTITE). At Southern Cross University the test needs to be successfully completed prior to undertaking the first professional experience placement.
- Foundations for Education
- Supporting Learners with Diverse Abilities
- Foundations: Mathematics and Numeracy
- Education and Indigenous Australians: Ways of Knowing and Being
- Education and Change: The Lifelong Learner
- Professional Experience I: Becoming a Teacher
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPrimary Education Art Education View 23 other Bachelors in Art Education in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 085928D
- Applicants for admission to candidature at a New South Wales campus of Southern Cross University must have satisfied requirements specified by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for admission to an initial teacher education course that is approved for the purposes of enabling graduates to apply for registration as a teacher in New South Wales, including: i) satisfactory completion of the UAC or QTAC non-academic entry requirement test.
- Applicants for admission to candidature at a Queensland campus of Southern Cross University must have satisfied requirements specified by the Queensland College of Teachers for admission to an initial teacher education course that is approved for the purposes of enabling graduates to apply for registration as a teacher in Queensland, including: i) satisfactory completion of the UAC or QTAC non-academic entry requirement test.
International28000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28000 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Lismore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.